Saturday, November 12, 2011

Praline Cheese Cake

Today I made a delicious cheese cake with praline topping. I tweeked it of course, a recipe I got from the foodnetwork.

I didn't have dark corn syrup I used light hince the color of the topping next time I will use the dark...lol


The recipe didn't ask for sour cream however, I added it because I always add sour cream to my cheese cake recipe 
This cheese cake was truly amazing I will definitely bake it again!!









Crust:


  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon sugar

Filling:

  • 2 (8-ounce) packages cheese cake, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Praline Topping:


  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1 cup dark corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


Crust:


In a medium bowl combine the butter, crumbs, and sugar until well blended. Press into the bottom and 1-inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan, using the back of a large spoon.

Filling:

In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until creamy. Pour into the prepared crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Be sure the center is firm before removing the cheesecake from the oven. Remove the pan from the oven to a rack and allow it to cool completely. Release the springform and transfer the cake to a platter to serve.

Praline Topping:

In a small heavy sauce pan, stir together the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the corn syrup and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in nuts and vanilla. Cool slightly.

Ladle the praline topping over the cooled cheesecake and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.



Tips:
1. cook praline topping approx 2-3 minutes
2. do not over cook the praline topping



*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….

P.S. I don’t like coconut 



I hope you enjoy



Bon appétit in Catalan - Bon Profit! Que vagi de gust!

No comments:

Post a Comment