Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tangerine Cake

This recipe came from the Foodnetwork...Paula Deen, my goal is to take easy, simple recipe tweak them and make them my own...This recipe got tweaked on its own lol due to ingredients that I didn't have...lol


The recipe asked for 1 c of vegetable oil, I had 1/2 c soooo I used 1/2 c oil and 1/2 c butter, it worked...it asked for tangerine zest well I couldn't find any tangerines sooo I used orange zest...I did use tangerine juice fyi...very expensive.














• 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 3/4 cups sugar
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
• 1 cup tangerine juice
• 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
• Tangerine Icing, recipe follows


Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.


Spray 2 (9-inch) circular cake pans with vegetable oil cooking spray.


In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together with a spatula. Using a hand-held mixer, add the vegetable oil, beaten eggs, sour cream, tangerine juice and zest. Mix until well combined.


Divide the batter evenly into the pans. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before icing. Ice the cakes, as desired, and serve.


Tangerine Icing:


• 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
• 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
• 6 cups confectioners' sugar
• 3 tablespoons tangerine juice
• 1/2 tangerine, zest
Mix together the butter, cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the tangerine juice and zest and combine well.




*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….

P.S. I don’t like coconut


I hope you enjoy

Bon appétit in Icelandic - Verði þér að góðu




No comments:

Post a Comment