Monday, May 30, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake


Today I made a simply delicious Strawberry Shortcake recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse....of course you know I had to tweak it...how do you tweak perfections, hummm well I did...lol actually I just took out 1 egg and added more milk...reason being I've never made a cake that had such a small amount of milk. However please follow Emerils recipe, you know how I like to live on the edge...lol

It turned out great, well at least that's what my daughter and her friend said...lol

I used frozen strawberries w/sugar added and whipped topping from the store...however I do have a recipe for homemade whipped topping which is just as good.














  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled, plus 2 teaspoons, softened
  • 6 large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 tablespoons milk, at room temperature
  • 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9 by 13-inch glass casserole with the 2 teaspoons of butter and set aside.
Combine the eggs and milk in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until frothy. Add 1 1/3 cups of the sugar and continue to beat at high speed until the mixture is quite thick and pale yellow, about 7 to 10 minutes.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Fold this mixture gently into the egg mixture. Gently stir in the melted butter and then transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and bake in the center of the oven until risen and golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack before proceeding.
I cut the cake into cubes layered the margarita glass, added strawberry mixture and whipped topping... yummy






*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….
P.S. I don’t like coconut 




I hope you enjoy

Bon appétit in Yorùbá - Ounjẹ ajẹye o / Yoo gba ibi re









No comments:

Post a Comment