Sunday, January 22, 2012

Emily's Apple Dumplings


Today's recipe is courtesy of my daughters friend Emily her UMASS connection...lol yes they are both graduates of UMASS

I love easy and delicious and this recipe was both, it wasn't time consuming. I used store bought refrigerated pie crust, you're more than welcome to make homemade pie crust. 

There's a caramel sauce to drizzle over the top of the dumplings after baking. I put it on half the dumplings just to mix it up some, however the dumplings are so delicious the sauce wasn't necessary, you choose

This recipe was amazing add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream yummy!!!












recipe


6 apples peeled and cored
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 t. cinnamon
½ t. nutmeg optional
1 package of refrigerated pie crust

*Caramel sauce recipe below (optional) 


Mix brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon in bowl, nutmeg optional
Roll apples in mixture and fill apples with mixture place a pat of butter on top, cut pastry dough to cover apple, fold pastry dough around apples to cover, place in baking dish
bake for 35 min at 375

*Sauce: 1 c sugar. 1c water, 1t. cinnamon,  2T butter. place sugar, cinnamon, water in sauce pan bring to boil then add butter stir until melted then take off heat. Remove dumplings from over let cool, drizzle sauce on top


*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….
P.S. I don’t like coconut 



I hope you enjoy





Bon appétit in Russian - Приятного аппетита! (Prijatnogo appetita)



















1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe!! So delicious and a good alternative from the traditional apple pie! :)
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete