Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pecan Caramel Turtle Cookies


Today I made turtle cookies, my only mistake is that I didn't use my own cookie recipe...lol so if you have a favorite cookie recipe please feel free to substitute it...The cookie taste a little plain my suggestion would be to use a chocolate chip cookie recipe without the chips or even a sugar cookie recipe.


I made a chocolate ganache instead of using the chocolate glaze recommend in the recipe, I just can't follow protocol...lol 




before the oven



after the oven...lol



with the chocolate ganache








Recipe
½ c brown sugar
½ c butter soften
Water
1 t vanilla
1 ½ c unbleached flour
1/8 t salt
2 to 3 c pecan halves
8 vanilla caramels ea. Cut into 4th

Chocolate Glaze
1 c powdered sugar
Water
1 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 t vanilla

**Chocolate Ganache - I used
8 oz chocolate chips  (I used 4 oz dark choc. and 4 oz semi sweet)
1/4 c heavy cream
*melt in microwave save dish, stir and let sit to thicken then drizzle over turtle cookies



Mix sugar, butter, 2 T water and vanilla until fluffy. Stir in flour and salt until dough holds together. (if dough is dry, stir in 1 to 2 t water, as necessary.)
For each cookie: on ungreased cookie sheet arrange 3 to 5 pecan halves to resemble head arms and feet of a turtle. Using a teaspoonful of dough, shape dough around a piece of caramel; press firmly onto center of arrange pecan halves.
Bake 350 12-15 min. or until dough is set but not brown.
Glaze: mix sugar w/1 t water melted choc., and vanilla until smooth. If necessary stir in more water, 1 t at a time until glaze is of desire consistency.
Dip top of cooled cookies into glaze


Tips
1. make sure to push caramel in center of cookie dough and roll into ball then smash.
2. make sure you smash the cookie dough into the pecan so to bake into cookie.

*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….
P.S. I don’t like coconut 


I hope you enjoy


Bon appétit in Breton - Kalon digor! Debrit ervat! Debrit a galon!


No comments:

Post a Comment