Sunday, February 18, 2018

Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies

The YEAR OF THE COOKIE

Since it's Valentine's I decided to bake a cookie with cranberries for the red color. These cookies were so good I had to make them twice.  I had to take them to my taste testers.  My daughter thought there were too many cranberries of course she picked them out...lol I have to agree with her my next batch was made with less cranberries.  However my co-workers/taste tester thought they we're delicious, and had the perfect amount of cranberries.  I will give both recipes below,  the original and my modified version, you be the judge. Happy Baking!!!










Recipe.                                                 My version
2 sticks.                                                2 sticks butter
1 c sugar.                                             1 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar.                            1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs.                                                  2 eggs
1 t vanilla.                                           1 t vanilla
2 3/4 c flour.                                        2 3/4 c flour
2 t baking soda.                                  1 1/2 t baking soda 
12 oz white chocolate chips.           1/2 t salt optional 
2 c dried cranberries.                       12 oz white or dark chocolate 
2 c walnuts.                                         1 c dried cranberries 
                                                               2 c walnuts or pecans

My modified version I added salt,  I thought the cookies were sweet delicious but sweet.  I also took out 1 cup of cranberries. I'm not a big fan of white chocolate, I thought dark chocolate would go better with cranberries, however they both were absolutely delicious. You can choose for yourself. 


Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy,  add eggs 1 at a time and vanilla, beat well. Add flour,  baking soda,  salt optional,  mix well, stir in chocolate chips, dried cranberries and nuts

350 - 10 mins


Tips
1. Don't over bake
2. Check cookies at 9mins


*If you have a cookie recipe that you're having trouble with or one you want me to try.  Please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot...send to dgcookiez@aol.com 

P.S. I don't like coconut



Bon Appétit in Swahili...It is Black Panther Weekend!!!
Ufurahie chakula chako


See You Next Month

Happy Valentines Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment