Sunday, September 12, 2010

Saturday Morning Coffee Cake

This is the perfect treat for a lazy Saturday morning, you can’t go wrong with a warm slice of coffee cake and a cup of coffee or tea yummy..I call it my Saturday morning coffee cake because Saturday is my day to relax, lie in bed, go out to breakfast, or go to Eastern Market (farmers)…however you hear people say all the time how Sunday is their day to relax, sleep in, read the paper. Well I don’t know what planet they’re living on, because my Sundays are rushed and frantic I’m trying to get to church on time, realizing I need gas for the car and hose…lol or is it just me.









 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I found this recipe on the internet and tweeked it of course...lol
 
 
For the pan dusting:


• Butter for pan

• 1/2 cup sugar

• 1 teaspoon cinnamon

For the cake:

• 1 stick salted butter, softened

• 1 cup granulated sugar

• 3 eggs

• 2 cups sifted unbleached flour

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

• 1 teaspoon baking powder

• 1/4 teaspoon salt

• 1 cup sour cream

For the topping:

• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed

• 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour

• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

• 3 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into pieces

• 3/4 cup pecans pieces

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, stir 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together. Butter a bundt pan well and liberally coat it with the cinnamon sugar.

In a mixer, cream butter until smooth, add sugar and mix. Add eggs one at a time mix until light and fluffy. Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Add to the butter-sugar mixture, alternating with spoonfuls of sour cream mix well.

Make the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add the butter and, using your fingertips, pinch the ingredients together into a sandy, crumbly mixture. Add the pecans and mix. Sprinkle the mixture over the cake.

Bake until golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool in the pan then turn over onto cake plate.

Serve in slices (warm)



This recipe ask for the pecan mixture to be sprinkled on top of the cake however I like to taste my pecan mixture all through the cake.





Tip of the day

1.*Pour half the batter into the pan sprinkle small portion of pecan mixture over batter, then add the rest of the batter and sprinkle leftover mixture over the top…




*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….P.S. I don’t like coconut

 
I hope you enjoy!!
Bon appétit in Swahili   Ufurahie chakula chako (sg)   Furahieni chakula chenu (pl)

No comments:

Post a Comment