Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pecan Layer Bars

This is my last week of my Pecans Theme, maybe you’ve notice all 4 weeks had pecans, it won’t be my last week just my last week of September… lol. As you can see I love pecans, whenever a recipe call for walnuts I change it to pecans…lol

This treat is one of my short-cuts, My daughter gave me a cookie cook book with short cuts, which I love. And I wanted to share it with you.

As you can tell by the recipe I’ve tweaked it lol…the recipe is called “Coconut Pecan layer bars”…lolol maybe you’ve heard I DON’T LIKE COCONUT!!!!
  





Done!!! ready to slice...
                                              






Sliced and Ready to eat!!!





I added oatmeal instead of coconut....



As alwaysI tweaked the recipe, I took out the coconut




Coconut Pecan Layer Bars

Crust


1 package (about 18 ounces) yellow cake mix

5 T butter melted

1 egg



Topping

¾ c corn syrup

¼ c packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup chopped pecans



1. preheat oven to 350 line 13x9 pan with foil and spray lightly with cookie spray

2. for crust, combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg in large bowl until well blended (batter will be stiff). Press batter into prepared pan, bake 15 minutes.

3. for topping combine corn syrup, brown sugar, 2 eggs and vanilla in another large bowl until well blended. Stir in pecans. Spread mixture evenly over partially baked crust.

4 bake 25 minutes or until top is bubbling and edges are lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

Make about 24 bars


Tips
I tried the recipe with uncooked oatmeal for texture...If you notice in the picture half the pan looks lighter I put uncooked oatmeal....I liked it both ways you have to try it for yourself, and let me know which way preferred...





*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….

P.S. I don’t like coconut

I hope you will enjoy.



Bon appétit in -Japanese   
どうぞめしあがれ (douzo meshiagare) = 'enjoy your meal' - said by the cook/chef


いただきます (itadakimasu) - said before a meal by those eating

ご馳走さま (gochisōsama) - said after a meal by those who have eaten

No comments:

Post a Comment