Saturday, October 2, 2010

Double Chocolate Fudgy Brownies

October begins the month of Halloween, preparing the kids for the big day Oct 31 and my favorite season is beginning to kick in, Fall/Autumn…if you’re like me my kids are grown and gone, however you’re never too old for Halloween goodies.

The entire month of Oct I will make treats geared toward Halloween and Fall and since Autumn is in full effect. I decided to make a delicious fudgy brownie.

The only way to eat a brownie is warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you're like one scoop turns into two...lol

,




Where's the ice cream!!!



Where are the pecans...lol






 I'll have a scoop of ice cream please..lol



As usual I tweaked it
1 stick butter
8 oz.– 4 oz dark chocolate chips - 4oz semisweet chips
1/4 cup unsweetened-cocoa powder
3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 9x13”  Spray with cooking spray

1. Melt together butter, chocolate and cocoa in a heatproof bowl over simmering water or in the microwave stirring every 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth and remove from heat/microwave to cool slightly.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Add eggs, sugar and vanilla into a mixing bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and beat until pale
4. Beat in melted chocolate mixture.
5. Add flour mixture, beating until combined. Scrape sides of bowl with spatula/spoon as needed.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread evenly
7. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, testing with tooth pick around 20 minutes. Do not over bake.

Tip1
the recipe called for semisweet chocolate I used 4oz dark and 4 oz semisweet, however it’s your call. I’ve tried the recipe with all dark chocolate and it was delicious. Depends on your taste

Tip 2
Use a larger pan to make brownies thinner, take Halloween cookie cutters cut into shapes & decorate

*Optional pecans or walnuts can be added, of course I wanted to add pecans but I didn’t because September was pecan month…lol


*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….
P.S. I don’t like coconut  


I hope you enjoy

Bon appétit in Italian - Buon appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment