Monday, October 18, 2010

Rice Crispie Treats

Sorry I'm a couple of days late, however this week is very easy, very simple.

This week I decided to make something easy for the kids, the old kiddie classic Rice Crispie Treats...lol since it’s getting close to Halloween they’ll probably need a treat to take to school for the party. It's easy, very reasonably priced, and you will have enough to feed the entire class plus the teacher...lol

The older kids can make it themselves. The younger kids will need a little assistance especially with the stove.





cut into squares and ready to eat!!




 ready to eat!!




cut into shapes and decorated...The kids can do a better job at decorating..lol


Follow the recipe on the back of the marshmallow bag or back of the cereal box...

ONLY THREE INGREDIENTS!!!!

Butter
Marshmallows
Rice crispie cereal



Tip

1. I use butter, the taste is wayyyy better

2. When melting butter and marshmallows keep the heat low to medium to keep from burning.


3. Make sure to butter your cookie cutters


4. If you have smaller/thinner cookie cutters you can spread you treat mixture out on a cookie sheet or spread on buttered wax or parchment paper, that way the cutters can go all the way through the treat mixture.


*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….


P.S. I don’t like coconut



I hope you enjoy

Bon appétit in Czech - Dobrou chuť!

1 comment:

  1. I was never a fan of these things but Imma give it a try this weekend...I'llkeep you posted.

    ReplyDelete