This dessert was so good my daughter and I couldn't wait for it to cool we had to taste it hot and boy it was worth the pain...lol and once it cooled enough for the ice cream... it was amazing!
of course I tweaked the recipe to make it my own...lol
• 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped small
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoon lemon juice
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 stick chilled butter, cut into pieces
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the Filling:
• Mix all the ingredients together. Place into 7 to 8-ounce ramekins.
Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea size lumps. Stir in pecans and sprinkle over filling.
Bake crisps for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. (with vanilla ice cream or butter pecan)
1. I like to taste my topping all through the dessert, if you like you can pour 1/2 of the apple mixture in the ramekins, sprinkle some of your topping add the remaining mixture and sprinkle remaing toppings
2. You can make these up in advance keep refrigerated and place them in the oven while you're having dinner. You'll have the perfect dessert by the end of the meal
3.Theses ex-large ramekins where more than we could handle we could only eat half...the next size down would probably be better.
*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try or you just want to share, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….P.S. I don’t like coconut.
I hope you enjoy!!
(sihk faahn) - eat