Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate Molten Lava Cake

Happy Valentines Day


This is week 2 of my chocolate month, this month is all about chocolate and romance. So how about a romantic dessert for 2, or you can eat all by yourself...lol


This dessert is to be shared with someone you love as in a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, a child, or a parent.




















I know I got carried away with the pictures however when you cut into the cake and the chocolate spill out and you have a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top....WOW amazing!!!!


P.S. I couldn't find my cute shaped ramekins I had to use the plain ones. (extra large ramekins)

 

ingredients
1 ½ c confectioners sugar
½ c unbleached flour
1 ¼ sticks butter
4 oz semi sweet choc
4 oz dark choc

3 lg eggs
3 lg egg yolks
1 t.vanilla extract
½ t. almond extract - optional


Bake 400 for 12-14 minutes

*butter and sugar ramekins (granulated)

Melt choc and butter in microwave or double boiler.  In a large bowl whisk together flour, confectioners sugar, eggs and yolks, vanilla and almond until creamy. Add melted chocolate (allow to cool) to the flour mixture and whisk together.
Pour into prepared ramekins.



Tips
1. Don't over cook, the center will be creamy
2. You can use the chocolate of your choice



*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….

P.S. I don’t like coconut


I hope you enjoy

Bon appétit in Lithuanian Gero apetito! Skanaus!

1 comment:

  1. I have gained some weight Girl...and I am blaming it on YOU!!

    ReplyDelete