Since I love chocolate and pecans, why not…lol I think you will like it too.
I had extra filling left over, I baked it in a ramekin without a cookie crust and I liked it more...Just a thought.
|ready for the oven|
|ready for the oven|
|looks and smell perfect... ready to eat|
|hot out the oven|
|the pie will fall after baking|
|looks delicious lol|
|sliced and ready to eat...yummy|
Gina's Memphis Mud Pie
• 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, plus shaved chocolate, for garnish
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 4 large eggs
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup light corn syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup chopped pecans, plus finely chopped pecans, for garnish
• 1 deep-dish, store-bought, chocolate cookie wafer crust
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt the chocolate and the butter in a double boiler or microwave safe bowl. Stir continuously until combined and smooth.
Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs, sugar, corn syrup and salt on medium-high speed until it lightens and doubles in volume, about 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in the melted chocolate mixture and fold in the pecans. Pour into the chocolate wafer crust and bake until the filling is just set, about 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let cool. The pie will fall slightly. Once cool refrigerate until well chilled, roughly 1 1/2 hours.
In a medium bowl add the heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract and beat until soft peaks form. Top the chilled pie with the whipped cream, making a nice mound on top of the pie. Garnish the top with shaved chocolate and finely chopped pecans. Serve immediately.
1. This Memphis Mud Pie was well worth it...I did like it without the cookie crust as well...I think the next time I bake this dessert I will make individual pies in my ramekins.
2. I used salted butter since this recipe was loaded with sugar and corn syrup I wanted to balance out the sweet.
*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….
P.S. I don’t like coconut
I hope you enjoy
Bon appétit in Maltese - L-ikla t-tajba