Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chocolate Brownie Cookies

This is my 4th and final week of all CHOCOLATE...I baked 4 recipes featuring chocolate for the month of February for "Valentines Month" lol....


week 1- Mississippi Mud Pie
week 2- Molten Lava Cake
week 3- Memphis Mud Pie
and last but not least
week 4- Chocolate Brownie Cookies


This recipes I wasn't too happy with I needed to tweak it more, the cookies are very thin and they stuck to the parchment paper. I think I will add more flour the next time I bake these cookies to help them rise more and hopefully not stick. However the taste was very good, and of course I added pecans... lol



I added pecans lol








Ingredients

¼ c unbleached flour
¼ t baking powder
1/8 t salt
2 lg eggs
2/3 c sugar
1 t vanilla
½ t instant espresso powder dissolved in 1 ½ t water
4 oz dark choc.
4 oz semisweet choc.
2 T butter
**¾ c semisweet choc.** (optional)
Confectioners sugar (optional)

375 8-9 min.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and dissolved espresso in a large bowl until thick & tripled in volume, 5 min.


Combine chocolates and butter in microwave safe bowl, heat until choc mixture melts, stir until smooth (cool). Gently fold choc mixture into egg mixture w/rubber spatula until partially combined (there will be some streaks it’s ok). Gently fold in flour mixture just until combined add chips (optional). Let batter stand 15 – 20 min. until slightly thickened. Bake until tops are puffed and cracked. Dust tops with conf. sugar (optional)




Tips:
1. The recipe asked for espresso, I didn't have any I used regular brewed coffee (cooled).
2. I didn't add the extra chocolate chips, I thought 8oz was more than enough.


*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….

P.S. I don’t like coconut



I hope you enjoy


Bon appétit in Mongolian - Сайхан хооллоорой (Saihan hoollooroi)

No comments:

Post a Comment