Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vegan Low Fat Chocolate Applesauce Cake

It's a New Year and most of us like to start the year off eating lite, for the month of January I will bake vegan, lite and low fat desserts....


I was impressed with the way this cake turned out it was very good for it not to have butter and eggs...lol I really enjoyed the fat free topping.


This was a very easy one mixing bowl recipe.





I sprinkled with confectioners sugar





add a scoop of fat free whipped topping...delicious!!






Recipe


2 cups unbleached flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
1 1/2 cups applesauce, unsweetened


Directions


Pre-heat oven 325.


Grease and flour, or non-stick spray a bundt or square pan.
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add applesauce and mix well until batter is smooth.


Bake for 40-50 minutes or until done. (Insert toothpick in center of cake; if comes out clean, cake is done.)




Tips
1. If you want the cake to be all vegan you may want to omit the confectioners sugar and fat free topping...



*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….

P.S. I don’t like coconut


I hope you enjoy


Bon appétit in Portuguese - Bom apetite!

2 comments:

  1. I tried this and it actually turned out great. man-child ate most of it.. there is hope for my yet :-)

    ReplyDelete