Saturday, January 29, 2011

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies w/pecans

This is week 4 (last week) of our healthy desserts…Yayyyy!! My family will be pleased to eat the butter and eggs again. That sounds awful lol.



This week I decided to do a cookie which is pretty tasty and I didn’t get any complaints…lol by adding raisins and nuts gave it the flavor that you miss by not having eggs and butter.


As I said before next month I will be baking all chocolate…for February “Valentines” I know it’s only one day however we want to enjoy the entire month…lol






platter...ready to go to a Superbowl party!!!


 
 
  ingredients:
1 c vegan butter spread (room temp)
½ c vegan sugar
1 c brown sugar
1 c.apple sauce
1 t vanilla
2 c unbleached flour
½ t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
½ t nutmeg
3 c oatmeal
1 c raisin
1 c pecans/walnuts (optional)


Bake 350 9 - 11 min


Mix butter, sugars, apple sauce, vanilla, in small bowl mix  flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients mix well, add uncooked oatmeal, raisins and nuts




 
 
Tips:
If you don't want to take vegan cookies to your Superbowl party here's the regular version.

2 sticks butter - instead of vegan spread,
2 eggs - instead of applesauce,
1 c. white sugar-  instead of 1/2 c. of vegan sugar
take out nutmeg
everything else stays the same....

 
 
*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….



P.S. I don’t like coconut


I hope you enjoy


Bon appétit in Genoese - Bon pro'!

No comments:

Post a Comment