Happy New Year!!!
Welcome back it’s a new year with new desserts. I know we’ve all eaten more than we should have…lol well at least I did. I plan to bake a few light desserts for the month of January since most people like to start the year off eating right, however this first dessert was still a part of the holidays…lol I made a delicious brunch New Years Day, and baked a simple easy dessert…Monkey Bread.
1/2 cup sugar2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury® Grands!® Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or 4 cans of regular size
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-10 inch tube pan.
2. Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a large sized plastic bag. Cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and place biscuit pieces in the sugar cinnamon mix. Shake well.
3. Arrange pieces in the bottom of the greased pan. Sprinkle pecans, continue layering until all the biscuit pieces are coated and in the pan, and all the pecans.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Pour over the layered biscuits.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a plate. Pull apart and enjoy!
|I cut my pieces in halves and added remaining cinnamon/sugar|
|Done time to turn over and eat!!!!|
|Finish product ready to pull a part and eat...yummy!!!|
|This is my tweaked version lol I added my famous glaze and extra pecans|
1.Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar over the bread before baking.
2. I also made a glaze which was awesome, the recipe didn’t ask for a glaze however I’m always looking to tweak my recipes.
*If you have a dessert recipe that you are having trouble with or afraid to try, please send it to me along with a picture and I will give it a shot….
P.S. I don’t like coconut
I hope you enjoy!!
Bon appétit in - Hyvää ruokahalua!